Monday, June 7, 2010

Traditional Filipino Games (Larong Pinoy)

Being away from the Philippines doesn't mean we have to forget everything like our culture and tradition.

Many Filipinos changed when they are away from the Philippines.

Yes there is a saying that be Roman in Rome but let us not forget that we are still a Filipino no matter what.

Most of these Filipinos who lost their identities are those who intermarried with other nationalities.

Well maybe because these women are less educated so they always follow what their husband has to say.

I am not generalizing but mostly of them that I knew were losing their identity being a Filipino.

When I met my high school friends who got married with foreigners, my goodness their children could not speak Filipino language.

Are they ashamed of our culture?

I hope that whether expatriates or products of intermarriages, we should be proud of what we have.

Most this lacking of patriotism are happening in Western Countries but here in Middle East thanks God Filipinos are still intact with their values and culture.

Last week I saw the children here can still play Traditional Filipino Games (Larong Pinoy) and they are very of good at it.

They played with other children in our embassy.

Seeing them makes my mind wondering as if it was just yesterday when I was a toddler playing with my friends under the rain.

We were very dirty with mud but very happy. I could still recall the names of these games in other part of the Philippines.

Hide and Seek is very popular in all part of the Philippines.

As an expatriate we should always remember who we are and where we are from like the Chinese, Japanese, Indian and other Asian nationals.

They are very proud of their culture and tradition.

Sponsor Links:

0 comments: